It’s amazing the difference a year makes. In the almost 12 months since our last Power Summit, Europe has witnessed spiralling energy prices and the outbreak of war. Game Changers – the theme of this year’s conference – could not be more relevant!
On 15 and 16 June, leaders of the European power sector and top decision-makers will come together for Power Summit 2022 in Brussels to discuss the game-changing solutions for policy, technology, finance, and people.
Up for discussion are the Electric Decade, investments and whether the European policy framework is ready to deliver. We will look at game changers in the implementation of “Fit for 55”; how the investment climate is being shaped, and if Europe can keep up its climate leadership under these conditions.
Other hot topics include hydrogen; market design and customer engagement; climate adaptation; biodiversity; DSOs, and digital disruption.
A raft of high-level speakers is lined up to speak, including:
- Tinne Van der Straeten, Minister for Energy, Belgium
- Patrick Graichen, State Secretary at the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action, Germany
- Virginijus Sinkevičius, EU Commissioner for Environment
- Kadri Simson, EU Commissioner for Energy
- Mechthild Wörsdörfer, Deputy Director-General, DG Energy, European Commission
- Melissa Stark, Global Renewables and Energy Transition Services Lead, Accenture
- Jorgo Chatzimarkakis, CEO, Hydrogen Europe
- Catherine MacGregor, Chief Executive Officer of ENGIE
- Marianne Kleiberg, Managing Director Europe, The Nature Conservancy
- Maxim Timchenko, CEO, DTEK
From today on, we will bring you our latest news on the Power Summit every week. Check out our news section for regular updates about game changers, stories about our speakers and everything in between!